These Seeds Kill Cancer Cells, Affect Your Sleep, Improve Sight and Much More!
Maybe you occasionally roast some pumpkin seeds around Halloween, but probably don’t think of them otherwise.
Check out these 5 amazing benefits of pumpkin seeds below!
1. Magnesium. Most Americans are behind on their magnesium consumption, but check this out: 1/2 cup of pumpkins seeds are nearly an entire days’s worth of your magnesium intake (92% RDA). Crazy!
2. Testosterone. Pumpkin seeds are also fantastic at boosting testosterone, and have been proven to boost libido.
3. Improved mood and diminished hot flashes. Pumpkin seeds are rich in tryptophan, which helps produce serotonin, which helps stabilize moods. The magnesium can also help with hot flashes, as it helps balance body temperature regulation.
4. Fight cancer! This is the best part: Because pumpkin seeds are rich in cucurbitacins, they help fight cancer and can even kill cancer cells!
5. Insomnia. Lastly, tryptophan also helps with melatonin and serotonin balancing, meaning you get better and more even sleep.
Whoa! That’s an amazing list. If you’re like us, you’re never going to look at pumpkin seeds the same way!